Thursday, September 15, 2011

The frailty of friendship

Friends for life... such sweet words, but altogether whispers in the wind and too easily forgotten because of a sad misunderstanding. I had a friend once... someone I believed to be a true friend. Someone who'd always stand by me and never let me down... Alas, wrong interpretations of words cast in stone, the unwillingness to listen to explanations and the stubbornness of the own right shatter a bond that I once thought to be unbreakable. I went down on my knees and begged... begged for forgiveness, which I shouldn't even have done. But I though that this friendship was too valuable so I gladly humiliated myself in order to save it. In vain. 

Now I realise that noone, not even the closest true friend, is worth going down on your knees for. I realise that when someone remains stonecold to this ultimate act of trying to make a mends the original friendship wasn't as true as it should have been and that once again I've been deceived. I'm a terrible chooser and all too often let myself be indulged by sweet words. More whispers in the wind... Whispers... which dissolve in absolute silence...

No comments:

Post a Comment