Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Good intentions for 2012

We all do it, don't we? Making good intentions for the new year... Sadly most of these good intentions water down after already a few weeks and we give in too easily to our old, bad habits. But for this new year I've made a solemn vow which I intend to keep: to spend more time with Christine. It sounds a bit weird, doesn't it? We're living here together, almost completely isolated on our Italian hill and yet we don't seem to have enough time for eachother. But I must admit that I've been neglecting her a bit because I was so terribly busy doing other things, such as writing my second novel, moderating an autism forum and... dare I say it... Facebook. I, who'd never give in to the Facebook hype and always considered it to be a stupid way of spending your time. But eventually I fell for it because of my book and all the people who suddenly wanted to hear my advice. Up to the point that a lot of my time was in fact consumed by replying to all of these questions and participating in all of these autism groups. Fortunately, I discovered in time that a lot of what's going on in those groups is not very nice at all. Some people even tried to intrude into our private lives, there was a hacking attempt on our PC and have I mentioned all of the backstabbing yet? No, I firmly decided I would no longer have any part in that and now I seldomly appear on Facebook again. Perhaps it's a pity for all of these good people who appreciated me and to whom I could be of some help. But the price Christine and I had to pay was simply too high. From now on I've decided to concentrate on us being happy... go out a bit more... go hiking or any other fun activity we can do together. 

Christine, I love you more than anything else on this Earth and I'll keep doing my very best to make you happy. <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment