Friday, July 16, 2010

The land of fairytales - 16 Jul 2010

Today, I'd like to take you to the land of fairytales. The land where every new day brings about a new set of shades. Where every day the light is different and the distant mountains appear in a way like you've never seen them before. Where behind every corner nature has yet another surprise in store for you and you're obliged to halt your journey in utter astonishment. "Look at that!!!...", I said to myself when I turned my Vespa into one of these little, winding roads along the green Emilian slopes...


The sun was setting. It's evening dress painted the scenery in a flaming sort of orange. Dark smoke blew forth as it fell closer and closer to the horizon.


Eventually, it couldn't resist gravity any longer. One last ray shone across the mountaintop before it disappeared into the night.


The night which totally erases the beautiful painting, after which the master artist begins totally anew. With a new set of colours and brushes...



It's in this land that Christine and I now live...

No comments:

Post a Comment