Sunday, October 24, 2010

Floating between hope and despair

It's truly amazing how my emotions can change from one minute to the other. From total exhilaration after the news about the mortgage to utter depression when the thought of the courtcase the Big Bad Wolf started against us took over again. Why can't I just be happy that our financial worries may be over and live one day to the next? Why must brain constantly process worst-case scenarios? It deprives me of a good night's sleep and keeps me on the brink of anxiety all day long. And for what? I was doing exactly the same thing when I was worrying about the loan and that turned out allright, didn't it? It just seems stronger than me and there's absolutely noone or nothing that can cheer me up. Hopefully our sollicitor can do so next Thursday, when we're having another appointment. She's very good at what she does and she gave us renewed hope that our arguments aren't as void as the "famous" sollicitor we previously consulted tried to make us believe. All of a sudden. It's quite unnerving that now also our new geometer seems to be making a 180° turn. Christine could barely convince him to join us for the appointment. The Big Bad Wolf is a very powerful man in this area and probably has a lot of influence everywhere. It feels like David against Goliath.
But in the end, David won, didn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment