Sunday, May 23, 2010

Worries

Our path towards our Italian dream isn't strewn with roses. That's the least you could say. This morning Christine received a phonecall from the owner of the best of two temporary houses she's been looking at. The man said, and very rudely too, that his house is for sale and that he does not want to rent it to us for a brief period. Christine tried to explain the win-win situation, but in vain. This means that almost 100% certain we'll have to go for the option of house number 2 and storing our furniture in the warehouse she found. Far from ideal, but at least we'll have a roof over our heads.

As far as our financial situation is concerned, Christine won't give in and she's ordered the works to continue. She believes that we'll eventually receive the full mortgage we requested so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Then yesterday another problem suddenly turned up. A good friend of Christine's who works for Brussels Airlines had arranged a so-called "buddy-ticket" for me at a very low price. So I could move by plane next Saturday, together with our cats. This on the condition that this friend would join me. Yesterday however she suddenly called me to say that she had forgotten about a school party she wanted to go to with her children and asked me if Sunday would be ok then. It's really disappointing, even though the new owners of our Belgian house are kind enough to let me stay until Sunday if I have to. But I don't fancy staying 2 days in a house that is totally empty (the movers come to collect our stuff on Friday morning). Without even mentioning what our cats would think of all this. Cats have in fact a couple of autistic leanings. They're mostly solitary for starters, but most important of all, they HATE changes. That's the main reason why we eventually preferred to move them by plane iso a 12h drive in a small car. Christine said that if she has to, she'd drive to Belgium on Friday night (she had planned important works on our house this Friday so she can't come home any earlier anymore) and then return immediately with me. The fatigue has obviously made her even more looney than I am. :-) So I quickly talked this crazy idea out of her head.

I have to admit... the main reason for my disappointment is that I miss Christine so very much. What's one extra day in an 8-month period, you could argue. And rightfully so. But as I've decided to from now on enjoy every day as if it were my last, this one extra day is not a pleasant thing to look forward to...

No comments:

Post a Comment