Saturday, June 5, 2010

The first week

It's been a week now since I moved to Italy and it's amazing how fast one can get used to a new home. Especially in my case. No, I never want to go back anymore, thank you! Every day when I'm wandering through these magnificent surroundings I almost start to cry of happiness. With every different shade of sunshine, the hills and forests seem to alter colour and appearance as well, just like in the story about the ever-changing mosaic which I told ou about in my former blog. It's all so incredibly impressive and makes you feel so humble against nature's beauty.

On top of that, all the people here are so friendly. When the lorry arrived with our furniture last wednesday, we certainly weren't short of people to help us with storing everything in the warehouse we received. Yes, received. It was offered to us by the kind lady who owns the local grocery shop. Mind you, we bribed her with a box of the finest Belgian chocolates though!

Our temporary home is small. It's perhaps only one quarter of our former Belgian house and we don't have a garden. This is really getting onto our cats' nerves. Especially Canelle, the cat we saved from an asylum two years ago, is getting more frustrated every day. She's already tried to run away twice and as I write this, she effectively disappeared. Don't ask me how she managed it, but she's gone. Then again, we have high hopes that she'll eventually return. She's quite smart and experienced and we don't believe she would just run off into oblivion. We're keeping our fingers crossed...

I sincerely hope that soon we'll have a better internet connection so that I can upload a couple of pictures. I'm sure you'd be impressed as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment